Integrating Sustainability Practices in the Construction Industry
Edited by Wai Kiong Oswald Chong and Christopher Hermreck
2012 / 5.5 x 8.5 / 750 pp.
Soft Cover - In Stock
$140.00 List / $105.00ASCE Member
Stock No. 41204 / ISBN: 9780784412046
Proceedings of the 2011 International Conference on Sustainable Design and Construction, held in Kansas City, Missouri, March 23-25, 2011. Sponsored by the Construction Institute of ASCE; University of Kansas.
This collection contains 88 papers examining the state of the art and practice in sustainable design and construction around the world. Construction researchers, educators, and practitioners describe new techniques and technologies to support sustainable design and construction. Many papers invoke integrated project design (IPD), which brings key members of the design and construction team together with the owner and others from the start of the project to deliver a project that is not only functional and economical but also environmentally friendly and energy efficient.
- climate change, emissions, and modeling of carbon and energy use;
- case studies on sustainability implementation;
- sustainable policy, corporate sustainability, and social sustainability;
- education in sustainability;
- energy sustainability, including energy efficiency, renewable energy, and net zero energy;
- sustainability implementation on projects;
- design and process sustainability;
- sustainable materials;
- urban sustainability; and
- infrastructure and transportation sustainability.
These papers will be of interest to owners and developers; engineers and architects; construction professionals, educators, and researchers; students; and other professionals working to promote sustainable design and construction.