The Committee on Student Activities has announced the winners of the 2012 Daniel W. Mead Student Contest:
- 1st place: Jay R. Pastor, S.M.ASCE (California State University, Northridge)
- 2nd place: Emily Lukens, A.M.ASCE (University of North Carolina at Charlotte)
- 3rd place: Madeline T. Schlederer, S.M.ASCE (Purdue University)
- 4th place: Nathan D. Johnson, S.M.ASCE (United States Military Academy)
- 5th place: Kendrick Shepherd, S.M.ASCE (Brigham Young University)
Established in 1939 in honor of the 67th President of the American Society of Civil Engineers, the Daniel W. Mead Student Contest provides an opportunity for young civil engineers to further their professional development and gain national attention by addressing ethical issues affecting the Civil Engineering profession.
The 2012 Topic was "Ethics and Globalization"
Click here for more information about the 2012 student contest.