The 2013 winners of the Daniel W. Mead Student Contest are:
- First Prize: Ameeta Kunnath, S.M.ASCE
- Second Prize: Ryan Gerken, S.M.ASCE
- Third Place: Rachael Cooley, S.M.ASCE
- Fourth Place: Bonnie Ng, S.M.ASCE
- Fifth Place: Della Caldwell, S.M.ASCE
Established in 1939 in honor of the 67th President of the American Society of Civil Engineers, the Daniel W. Mead Student Contest provides an opportunity for young civil engineers to further their professional development and gain national attention by addressing ethical issues affecting the Civil Engineering profession.
The 2013 Topic was "Body of Knowledge – Is it Ethical to Associate Credentials With Competency"