The 2014 winners of the Daniel W. Mead Student Contest are:
- First Prize: Trevor Jones, S.M.ASCE (Brigham Young University)
- Second Prize: William Finch, S.M.ASCE (Syracuse University)
- Third Prize: Chelsea Czapla, S.M.ASCE (Iowa State University)
- Fourth Prize: Tyler Williams, S.M.ASCE (Portland State University)
- Fifth Prize: Rachel Adams, S.M.ASCE (University of Kentucky)
Established in 1939 in honor of the 67th President of the American Society of Civil Engineers, the Daniel W. Mead Student Contest provides an opportunity for young civil engineers to further their professional development and gain national attention by addressing ethical issues affecting the Civil Engineering profession.
The 2014 Topic was "Natural Disasters – What are the Civil Engineer’s Responsibilities?"