The Committee on Student Members (CSM) enthusiastically encourages the promotion of new civil engineering-related competitions. To become ASCE sponsored (meaning that ASCE provides additional funding and staff assistance) the promoters of the competition must submit a proposal to CSM containing a description of the competition goals and how the following criteria have been met:
- The competition has an established set of rules and described roles for judges.
- The competition has a proven and willing sponsor that can provide support for costs associated with the competition (examples: awards, special materials, mailings, etc.).
- The competition has a committee with members and officers on rotating terms to include having a CSM member on the committee. The duties of the committee will be to monitor the competition each year, revise rules, provide training for judges, etc.
- The competition should be updated each year to provide new challenges to each year’s competition.
- The competition must be shown to be successful at the regional competition level.
Questions should be directed to ASCE Student Services
at 703.295.6105 or email@example.com.