The Committee on Student Members (CSM) invites ASCE Student Chapter and International Student Group advisors to participate in the annual ASCE Practitioner and Faculty Advisor Training Workshop (PFATW).
The PFATW is designed to enhance advisor effectiveness by:
- Imparting the vision of the value and purpose of ASCE Student Organizations;
- Giving advisors the tools they need to make their ASCE Student Organization function;
- Creating a network of ASCE Faculty and Practitioner Advisors;
- Developing the leadership abilities of the Faculty Advisor; and
- Assisting Faculty and Practitioner Advisors in understanding their roles in working with the Student Organization.
Approximately 30 advisors are selected to participate in the workshop. ASCE covers all meals during the Workshop, up to $350.00 for travel expenses, as well as up to 2 nights of hotel lodging.
The next PFATW will be held August 15-16, 2014 in Reston, VA.
Application forms must be received by April 15, 2014.
For more information on the PFATW, contact ASCE Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Practitioner and Faculty Advisor Training Workshop is funded by a generous grant from the ASCE Foundation.