Through the generosity of ASCE President, Arthur S. Tuttle, a scholarship bequest was established in 1983.
I. The Arthur S. Tuttle Fellowship may be presented annually to not more than four students, who will use the fellowship for their first year of graduate studies.
II. The purpose of the fellowship is to further the education of worthy students in any civil engineering discipline.
- a. Applicants must be members of the Society, in any grade, and must be in good standing at the time of application and the time of award.
- b. Scholarship funds are generally applied to tuition expenses during civil engineering graduate study leading to the Masters degree in an accredited educational institution.
- c. Financial need and educational standing will be considered in selecting recipients.
- a. Complete applications must be received by the ASCE Honors and Awards Program office by February 10 of the year of award.
- b. Applications must include (1) completed application form; (2) statement by the applicant of the reasons believed to justify scholarship assistance, specifically including financial need, as well as plans for continuing formal education; (3) detailed financial plan outlining how the applicant will finance his/her education if an award is granted; (4) official transcript; (5)resume; and (6) minimum of two letters of recommendation, one of which must be completed by a faculty member
- a. All applications will be reviewed by the Society Awards Committee or its designee for recommendation to the Executive Committee for final approval.
- b. The committee reserves the right to recommend that no award be made in a particular year if no meritorious applications are received.
- c. Selection is based on appraisal of applicant’s justification, educational plans, academic performance, potential for development, leadership and financial need.
- a. The amount of the fellowship will be determined annually by and subject to approval of the Executive Committee of the ASCE Board of Direction based on income from the fund endowment.
- b. Recipients will be notified of selection in May by the Executive Director of the Society.
- c. Award funds will be sent to the recipient for tuition assistance.
Deadline: Received by February 10
Submit Completed Application to:
American Society of Civil Engineers
1801 Alexander Bell Drive
Reston, Virginia 20191-4400
Attn: Honors and Awards
All application requirements must be fulfilled. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Download the application form.