Outstanding Forensic Engineer Award
The TCFE Forensic Engineering Award, established in 1988, recognizes an individual who has made substantial contributions at the national and international level to the discipline of forensic engineering. The award consists of a wall plaque and a trophy designed specifically for TCFE: an engraved magnifying glass mounted on a wood base. The Forensic Engineering Award is not given every year.
Past recipients of the Forensic Engineering Award are:
- 2008 Henry Petroski, Ph.D., P.E. Dist.M.ASCE
- 2007 Howard F. Greenspan, P.E., L.S., P.P., F.ASCE
- 2006 Lewis L. Zickel, P.E., L.S., M.ASCE (1927-2007)
- 2003 Paul F. Mlakar, Ph.D., P.E., F.ASCE
- 2002 W. Gene Corley, Ph.D., P.E., NAE, Dist.M.ASCE
- 1999 John M. Hanson
- 1998 Narbey Khachaturian
- 1997 Kenneth L. Carper
- 1994 George F. Sowers
- 1993 Lev Zetlin
- 1992 Joseph S. Ward
- 1991 Jack R. Janney
- 1990 John P. Bachner
Call for Nominations—Forensic Engineering Award
The Awards Committee is soliciting nominations for this prestigious award. We will be making three awards at the 6th Forensic Engineering Congress in San Francisco (for 2009, 2010, and 2011).
If you would like to nominate someone, please send us their name, one paragraph describing why you are nominating them, their contact information, and (if possible) their resume.
The deadline for nominations is January 1, 2012.
You can send your nomination to any member of the Awards Committee:
-Tony Dolhon, firstname.lastname@example.org
-Dave Peraza, email@example.com
-Len Morse-Fortier, firstname.lastname@example.org
An annual award for the Outstanding Paper published in the Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities is also given by the TCFE. Past recipients are:
- 2005 David M. Bailey and Dane Bradford, for the paper, "Membrane and flashing defects in low-slope roofing: Causes and effects on performance"
- 2004 W. Douglas Neely, Thomas E. Cousins, and John J. Lesko, for the paper, "Evaluation of In-Service Performance of Tom's Creek Bridge Fiber-Reinforced Polymer Superstructure"
- 2003 John C. Wilson, for the paper, "Repair of New Long-Span Bridges Damaged by the 1995 Kobe Earthquake"
- 2002 Norbert J. Delatte, Jr., and Kevin L. Rens for the paper, "Forensics and Case Studies in Civil Engineering Education: State of the Art"
- 2001 R. Martin, and Norbert J. Delatte, Jr., for the paper, "Another look at the Hartford Civic Center Coliseum Collapse"