Frequently Asked Questions – WRYMC 2013
- What is WRYMC?
The Western Regional Younger Member Council (WRYMC) is a part of the Multi-Region Leadership Conference (MLRC) for Region 8 & 9, consisting of the 10 western most states. The Region 8 and 9 MLRC is a two-day annual event where WRYMC, Workshop for Section and Branch Leaders (WSBL), and Workshop for Student Chapter Leaders (WSCL) are held simultaneously, allowing for interaction between younger members, students, and section/branch leaders. The meeting will provide young engineers with exposure to professional development, networking, an overview of ASCE, and technical tours.
- When is the 2013 WRYMC?
Friday, January 25, 2013 through Saturday, January 26, 2013, with an optional social activity on Thursday, January 24, 2013
- Where is the 2013 WRYMC?
DoubleTree hotel by Hilton Sacramento
2001 Point West Way, Sacramento, CA 95815
Sacramento DoubleTree By Hilton
- Who is hosting the 2013 WRYMC?
Sacramento Section and Truckee Meadows Branch Younger Member Forums (YMFs)
- How much does it cost to attend the 2013 WRYMC?
$240/Attendee (Early Bird Registration Fee – Postmarked by November 9, 2012)
$255/Attendee (Regular Registration Fee – Postmarked after November 9, 2012)
- Who do I may checks payable to for Registration?
- Where do I send my registration form and fee?
American Society of Civil Engineers
P.O. Box 79668
Baltimore, MD 21279
- Where can I get a registration form?
Please contact your local YMG President for a registration form.
- What is the nearest airport to the conference venue?
Sacramento International Airport (SMF);
6900 Airport Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95837
- Will there be discounted rooms for attendees at the hotel where the 2013 WRYMC is held?
Yes. Please contact your local Younger Member Group (YMG) President to inquire about the Discounted Hotel Rooms.
- Will there be transportation provided from the airport to the hotel?
SMF is located 12 miles away and is accessible via airport shuttle ($18/ea), taxi cab, towncar/suburban ($80 for up to 3 people or $105 for up to 14 people), or rental car. Towncar/suburbans are recommended, call CA Limo and ask for Yuri at 916-852-5466
Click here for a link to Sacramento Double Tree Transportation Information
- Who can attend the 2013 WRYMC?
ASCE members who are nominated by their local YMG can attend the 2013 WRYMC. Please contact the President of your local YMG for nomination/registration information.
- How can I register for the 2013 WRYMC?
See Question 12 above.
- Will there be transportation provided to the attendees to all the conference events?
Yes. The registration fee for WRYMC includes transportation services from the hotel to the anticipated WRYMC events that are off-site. More information will be provided in the registration packet upon check-in at the event.
- How can my company become a sponsor of the event?
2013 WRYMC Sponsorship Form and Instructions. You may also contact the 2013 WRYMC Co-Chairs: Elias Karam (Elias.Karam@Jacobs.com ) or Don Adams (DBAdams@kleinfelder.com ) if your company is interested in sponsoring this event.
- Who can I contact if I have questions regarding the 2013 WRYMC?
Please contact the Co-Chairs: Elias Karam (Elias.Karam@Jacobs.com ) or Don Adams (DBAdams@kleinfelder.com ) with your questions regarding the 2013 WRYMC.
- What is the dress code for the conference?
Business Casual. Please check the weather and pack accordingly for the event; January is typically rainy and cold in Sacramento.
- What is the schedule for the 2013 WRYMC?
Please see the draft agenda posted on the homepage of the 2013 WRYMC website or contact one of the co-chairs for a copy of the draft agenda.