Does your school not have a chapter? Start one today!
There are currently 19 AEI chapters at universities in the USA.
The mission of the National Student Architectural Engineering Institute Organization is to unite student chapters to learn from each other, to pursue further education in shared academic interests, and provide a united student voice with in AEI (article I).
To qualify, members of the National Student Organization shall be comprised of students currently enrolled in or pursuing a curriculum in Architectural Engineering or a related field, and meeting the requirements of student membership as set forth in the AEI constitution and bylaws. Members of the National Student Organization are those students who make up membership in the “student” membership category of AEI (article III.1).
Student members who wish to join AEI shall fill out and file application forms through their university student chapter. It is the responsibility of the university student chapters to report new membership and changes in membership status to AEI throughout the academic year (article III.2).
Some benefits of becoming an AEI Student Chapter are:
- The Team, AEI's bi-monthly newsletter, distributed only in electronic format to AEI members;
- Discounts on AEI publications and conferences;
- AEI supports the development of the Architectural Engineering Professional Engineering Exam;
- Networking opportunities with others within the university sector and career connections after college
Download the AEI Chapter Application (PDF)
Qualifications Required for an AEI Student Chapter
An organized group of students enrolled in an educational institution may submit an establishment application for consideration by AEI upon fulfillment of ALL qualification requirements:
- Institution has an Architectural Engineering or Architectural Engineering Technology program leading to an associate’s, bachelor’s or master’s degree;
- Institution has at least one (1) full-time faculty member who is an AEI member and who agrees to serve as faculty advisor;
- Endorsement of the application by the Architectural Engineering or Architectural Engineering Technology department head or equivalent;
- Completion of one year of successful operation;
- Existing organized group of students has a minimum membership of 8 undergraduate and/or graduate students (at least half-time) in an Architectural Engineering or Architectural Engineering Technology program.
AEI reviews applications throughout the year. If AEI finds your institution’s application favorable upon review, it will forward a recommendation of establishment to the AEI Board of Governors. Final action will be taken by the AEI Board of Governors with notification from AEI made to the institution shortly thereafter.
Back to top