CI Construction Engineering Student Scholarship
- Any undergraduate freshman, sophomore, or junior, enrolled in a civil engineering program with a concentration in construction engineering or construction management, who is a Construction Institute (CI) student member and/or ASCE National Student Member in good standing at the time of application and award.
- The scholarship may be awarded only to a student who will employ it to continue their formal undergraduate education at a recognized educational institution.
- Preference will be given to students enrolled in programs with an accredited Construction Management program.
Good academic standing as demonstrated by official university transcripts, three (3) reference letters from faculty or professional internships; a statement of professional goals following graduation; resume highlighting professional, research and leadership accomplishments.
One student will be selected to receive a multi-year scholarship payable until and including the year of undergraduate graduation - not to exceed three years. The award committee will determine the amount and the method of distribution of the award based upon the funds available and individual student circumstances. The options for distribution include:
- Direct payment to the student’s university Financial Aid office to be used to offset tuition expenses.
- Payment to the appropriate university division to fund an ongoing paid internship formally committed to by a faculty member pursuing grant-funded research in an area of construction engineering or construction management.
Following selection of the CI Scholarship, the receiving student will be expected to maintain an active alliance with CI by: submitting quarterly statements/articles on their educational progress and activities for the CI newsletter or online forum; make one presentation per year, individually or in conjunction with their sponsoring faculty advisor, at a CI conference or continuing education event; maintain at least one year active involvement with the CI Younger Members Directorate following graduation.
Deadline: Applications must be received by April 1
Complete the application form
Submit Completed Application online and send additional documentation to:
1801 Alexander Bell Drive
Reston, Virginia 20191-4400
Attn: Construction Scholarship
All application requirements must be fulfilled. Incomplete applications will not be considered.