Take this opportunity to make a difference in the profession by participating in National, Institute, or local committees. The benefits of committee participation include:
- Interacting with and learning from the foremost technical or professional experts in a given field
- Creating a personal group of contacts for valuable technical or professional advice
- Becoming aware of revisions to standards or practice manuals prior to their publication
- Learning about technical or regulatory issues affecting the industry, and learning how others are addressing them. Avoid similar problems within your organization(s) and prepare solutions.
- Becoming intimately knowledgeable with specific standards, committee members are able to be more thorough and confident in their application of standard rules, leading to increased efficiency.
- Realizing the satisfaction of having your work incorporated into the recognized standard or knowledge base for the profession.