Updated: March 2012 (Download full PDF here)
- The 2012 Rules and Regulations allow for a higher degree of flexibility in design, material and reinforcement choices. If you are unsure whether something is permissible, assume that it is permissible ONLY if:
- It does not compromise safety.
- The rules and regulations do not specifically state that what you would like to do is not allowed.
- A question to the CNCCC will not receive a response if the rules and regulations related to the question are specific in what is required and obvious in what is not said.
The following examples:
- “The rules don’t mention a thing about displays. Are there displays this year?
- “I can’t find anything restricting the use of end-caps. Are end-caps allowed?
Apply the general guideline (1 and 2 above) and you will have the answers to these questions and other like them.
RFI - Section 1 - General Rules And Eligibility Requirements
RFI - Section 2 - Canoe
RFI - Section 3 - Concrete
RFI - Section 4 - Reinforcement
RFI - Section 5 - Finishing
RFI - Section 6 - Design Paper
RFI - Section 7 - Engineer's Notebook
RFI - Section 8 - Oral Presentation
RFI - Section 9 - Final Product (Canoe and Cutaway Section)
RFI - Section 10 - Product Display
RFI - Miscellaneous
Questions regarding rule interpretations should be directed via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Official responses will come from CNCCC@asce.org. This e-mail account will be BLOCKED from receiving e-mail and is only intended to be used to send out responses and other announcements.