The 9th annual Gala Dinner will be held Tuesday, May 6, 2014 at the Petroleum Club in Houston, TX. We will honor outstanding Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) papers that set the standard for current practices worldwide and have become an integral part of the offshore design process, as well as lending themselves to other civil engineering disciplines.
Hall of Fame authors will be recognized at the Gala during the awards ceremony, and a commemorative edition featuring the 2014 honored papers will be published by ASCE and available for each guest.
Cocktails, hors d'oeuvres and light entertainment begin at 6:30 p.m. Don't miss this opportunity to network with your colleagues and other offshore industry professionals. Dinner is assigned seating and begins at 7:30 p.m.
2014 Honored Papers
- OTC Paper 6174 (1989). B.L Grundmeier, R.B Campbell and B.D Wesselink. A Solution for Wind Induced Vortex Shedding Vibration of the Harmony and Heritage Platforms during Transpacific Tow.
- OTC Paper 6376 (1990). J. D. Bogard and H. Matlock. Application of Model Pile Test Results to Axial Pile Design.
- OTC Paper 6387 (1990) P. W. Marshall, J.W.Post, R.E. Frischmuth, J.L. Grover. Advanced Fracture Control Procedures for Deepwater Platforms and Compliant Towers.
- OTC Paper 7196 (1993). W. H. Tang and R. B. Gilbert. Case Study of Offshore Pile System Reliability.
- OTC Paper 7495 (1994). M. L. Peterson and E. L. von Rosenberg. Offshore Platform Steel Specification.
- OTC Paper 7620 (1994). E.H. Phifer, Frans Kopp, R.C. Swanson, D.W. Allen, C.G. Langner. Design and Installation of Auger Steel Catenary Risers.
Sponsorship opportunities are now available online or by contacting Sean Scully by email or at 703-295-6154.
Individual or Table Reservations
Individual tickets are $150, and a Table of 10 is $1,500. Tickets are now available online, or by contacting Angie Lander by email or at 703-295-6370. Final table reservation guest lists are due by April 30 for printed badges. If you or someone in your party has special dietary requirements, please contact Angie Lander directly to make your reservations.
Offshore Technology Conference
Since its inception, the OTC has provided the industry with outstanding papers that have shaped our world. Many of these papers offer innovation, vision, direction and lasting impact on design, construction or installation within the offshore industry.
Founded in 1969, the Offshore Technology Conference is the world’s foremost event for the development of offshore resources in the fields of drilling, exploration, production, and environmental protection. OTC is held annually at Reliant Park in Houston.