Join us at the Sixth Annual ASCE/OTC Hall of Fame Gala
The sixth annual Gala Dinner will be held Tuesday, May 3, 2011 at the Petroleum Club in Houston, TX. At the Gala, we will continue the tradition of honoring outstanding Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) papers that set the standard for current practices worldwide and have become an integral part of the offshore design process, as well as lending themselves to other civil engineering disciplines.
Since its inception, the OTC has provided the industry with outstanding papers that have shaped our world. Many of these papers offer innovation, vision, direction and lasting impact on design, construction or installation within the offshore industry. Hall of Fame authors will be recognized at the Gala, and a commemorative edition featuring the 2011 honored papers will be published by ASCE.
2011 ASCE OTC Hall of Fame Inductees:
- Paper Number 1898 (1973) G.H. Sterling and E.E. Strohbeck. The Failure of the South Pass 70 “B” Platform in Hurricane Camille.
- Paper Number 3377 (1979) R.B. Reimer, R.W. Litton, and J.H. Babcock. Finite Element Analysis of Complex, Welded Tubular Joints.
- Paper Number 3492 (1979) R.F. Scott. Cyclic Static Model Pile Tests in a Centrifuge.
- Paper Number 3821 (1980) S.A. Mahin, E.P. Popov, and V.A. Zayas. Seismic Behavior of Tubular Steel Offshore Platforms.
- Paper Number 3764 (1980) A. Kareem. Dynamic Effects of Wind on Offshore Structures.
- Paper Number 4178 (1982) V. Vivatrat, P.J. Valent, and A.A. Ponterio. The Influence of Chain Friction on Anchor Pile Design.
- Paper Number 5096 (1986) G. Rodenbusch and C. Kallstrom. Forces on a Large Cylinder in Random Two-Dimensional Flows.
Registration & Sponsorships
Registration and Sponsorship opportunities are now available for the 2011 OTC Hall of Fame. Registration for the ASCE OTC Hall of Fame Gala is available online, using the following links:
Sponsorship opportunities are available for the ASCE OTC Hall of Fame Gala. If you or your company would like to sponsor the dinner, you can do so using the following links. Information about Bronze, Silver and Gold Level sponsorships is available for download below. If you have any additional questions about sponsorship opportunties, please email Tom Chase, COPRI Director or call him at 703-295-6027.
Click to download Sponsorship Package information. Sponsorship Packages can be purchased online using the following links:
COPRI would like to thank our sponsors for their generous support of the Hall of Fame Gala.