The UF COPRI Student Chapter has been very active over the past year. In addition to participating in the PORTS '13 Student Paper Competition in Seattle, WA in August, the UF Chapter has hosted several field trips and seminars.
- Sponsored snacks and coordinated a weekly coastal engineering seminar series with speakers from government, academia and industry.
- Field trip to visit Measutronics Cooperation office in Lakeland, FL to learn about marine geomatics, including demo with ROV and hydrographic surveying boat.
- Field trip to Taylor Engineering offices in Jacksonville for breakfast and seminar by Jonathan Armbruster on San Juan Waterfront Redevelopment project in Puerto Rico. Following the seminar the Chapter went for tour of Jaxport and had lunch with their engineering team. UF coordinated with UNF COPRI Student Chapter and invited their members participate in the tour.
- Field trip hosted by John Thorington and other engineers from the Tampa Port Authority, and Moffatt & Nichol aboard the "Bay Sprit II" for Tampa Port harbor tour by water. Following the port tour, the Chapter was hosted by Michael Bruce of Moffatt & Nichol for lunch and an info session including 5 different seminar presentations by M&N engineers (photo)!
- Sponsored snacks and coordinated a weekly coastal engineering seminar series with UF coastal student presenters.
- 4 UF COPRI members will attend the annual FSBPA tech conference in early February.