Younger Member Fly-in Program
Mar 13, 2018 10:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Younger Members selected to attend the ASCE Legislative Fly-In on Capitol Hill are invited to participate in a one-day, special orientation program on March 13 before the start of the Fly-In.
The Younger Member Fly-In Program
- Orients participants to the Fly-In process and builds skills for congressional visits
- Introduces ASCE's Government Relations Program and public policy advocacy resources
- Provides opportunity to share local experiences and learn from other Younger Members'' advocacy successes
- Includes lunch and other social opportunities to network with Younger Members from across the country
- The application for the
2018 Legislative Fly-In
is now open! Applications will be accepted until
November 17, 2017.
- Pre-application webinars - October 17, 2017 and October 19, 2017 at 3:00 PM ET
- Notification of acceptance by December 8, 2017
Younger Member Fly-In
Program Schedule (March 13, 2018)
- 10:30 am - Check-in for Younger Member Program
- 11:00 am - 3:30 pm - Younger Member Program (includes lunch)
- 4:00 pm - Legislative Fly-in Registration
A Preliminary Agenda will be available soon.
If you are selected to attend the Fly-In, you will be sent an email with a registration link. When you register online, there will be an option to sign up for the Younger Member program. Due to rising costs and to be good stewards of ASCE funds, there is a $29 early-bird registration fee and a $49 regular registration fee. The fee is not required to apply. It will be collected during the registration process after your application has been accepted.
There are a limited number of $135 travel stipends available for Younger Members flying from the west coast or from locations requiring a Monday evening arrival. Those coming from the furthest away will be given priority for these stipends.
All events will take place at the Renaissance Capital View Hotel in Arlington, VA. Hotel reservation information will be included in your acceptance letter.
See a summary of last year's event
For additional information contact