Larry manages geotechnical services for all Soil and Materials Engineers, Inc. (SME) offices and provides project management and geotechnical consultation for engineering projects from proposals to final reports. He has over 37 years experience in performing and managing geotechnical evaluations and providing design recommendations.
He is also SME's lead technical resource for geodynamic services, as follows:
- Specialist in geodynamic services including measuring vibrations, conducting field testing, evaluating data, trouble shooting vibration sources and providing recommendations.
- Experience with measuring and evaluating vibrations generated from blasting, dynamic compaction, pile driving, vibrocompaction, vehicular and train traffic, air-borne vibrations (sound), metal reclamation processes including auto shredders, and heavy forging and drop presses and other industrial activities.
- Experienced with specialized field testing methods including seismic, geophysical, and non-destructive tests for soil, steel and concrete. Conducted seismic refraction surveys, crosshole, downhole, Microtremor Array Method (MAM) survey and multi-channel analysis of surface waves (MASW) tests to determine relatively deep shear wave velocity profiles, along with performing ground motion attenuation tests, electrical resistivity surveys, and structural integrity tests on drilled pier foundations.
- Experienced in developing design recommendations for foundations or inertia masses, which support punch or stamping presses, 4-poster, road test simulators and other equipment that generate vibrations.
- Evaluated sites for vibration-sensitive MRI's and CT scanners for medical facilities and other vibration-sensitive equipment such as electron microscopes and contour measuring machines in industrial environments.
- Performed, evaluated, and/or reviewed results of pile dynamic analysis (PDA) tests.
Contact Larry at firstname.lastname@example.org