Jean-Louis Briaud, Ph.D.,P.E., D.GE, F. ASCE
Bob Holtz, Ph.D., P.E., D.GE, F.ASCE
G-I International Secretary
The Geo-Institute is proud to be the U.S. Member Society of ISSMGE.
The International Society of Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ISSMGE) promotes the advancement and dissemination of knowledge in the field of geotechnics and its engineering and environmental applications, through conferences, technical committees, and member societies.
ISSMGE has 89 National Member Societies worldwide representing over 18,000 individual members which include practicing engineers, teachers, researchers, and equipment designers and manufacturers. The Society also has 33 Corporate Associates from industry.
View President Briaud's presentation about the history and mission of ISSMGE (.pdf)
Presented by the Technical Committee 209 on Offshore Geotechnics, this lecture will take place at the Royal Geographical Society in London on September 13, 2012.
Benefits of ISSMGE membership include:
- Opportunity to submit papers to many conferences and symposia
- Lower conference registration fees
- Possibility of membership of one of 30 technical committees working on specific topics
- Access to work of ISSMGE in various fields of activity, including Education, Communications, and Technology Transfer
- Opportunities to demonstrate leadership in Technical Committees, conferences, and other activities
- Opportunities to build lasting world-wide relationships
- A clear demonstration of interest and professionalism in the field of Geotechnics
- A monthly newsletter, including President Briaud's message to the membership
How to Join:
- ASCE Members: You may join ISSMGE by enrolling on your annual ASCE renewal form, by logging in to your member account, by emailing ASCE Member Services, or by calling (800) 548-2723. Annual dues are $15.
- Non-ASCE Geo-Institute Members: ISSMGE membership is included with your Geo-Institute membership.