The Graduate Student Organization (GSO) Student Leadership Council (SLC) is a committee consisting of members of each GSO across the nation.
- promotes collaboration among GSOs
- creates new funding opportunities
- keeps the GI leadership informed on student issues
- and increases the effectiveness of GI student activities and competitions.
How to Participate
GSO appoints a single representative in the SLC. The representative is
selected by the GSO for a one year term. Terms may be renewed upon the
Participation in the SLC is required for good standing
as a GSO recognized by the Geo-Institute.
A minimum participation level includes
- Attendance on at least three of the four quarterly SLC conference calls
- Involvement with at least one SLC initiative
- Submission of an annual GSO activity report
For more information, please contact Jennifer Canning at the Geo-Institute.
View the 2012 Student Development Workshop below.