2015 Airfield and Highway Pavements Conference
Call for Papers I Important Dates
The Transportation and Development Institute (T&DI) of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) is pleased to announce the 2015 Airfield and Highway Pavements Conference with the theme “Innovative and Cost-Effective Pavements for a Sustainable Future”.
This conference will bring together researchers, designers, project/construction managers, and contractors from around the world to discuss the current and future challenges for airfield and highway pavement sustainability, design, rehabilitation, advanced modeling, performance, evaluation and monitoring, life-cycle assessment, and emerging technologies.
The conference program includes the following:
- An extensive technical program developed by a scientific committee with over 90 members. It includes four concurrent paper/presentation tracks, technical tours and workshops. There will be many opportunities to earn up to 14.5 professional development hours (PDHs) for registered professionals in meeting continuing education requirements to maintain licensure.
- A plenary session, including a presentation by a leader in the field of pavement and transportation engineering.
- Exhibits of companies driving innovation, sustainability and quality in pavement engineering, construction and maintenance.
Please join us as an attendee, presenter, exhibitor, and sponsor or cooperating organization. We look forward to continue the tradition of another successful conference.
John Harvey, Ph.D., P.E., M. ASCE (University of California, Davis)
Katie Chou, Ph.D., P.E., M. ASCE (Hatch Mott MacDonald)
Call For Papers
The scientific and organizing committees invite you to
submit an abstract to the 2015 T&DI Airfield and Highway Pavement Specialty
Conference to be held in Miami, Florida, June 7-10, 2015.
This conference will bring together transportation
researchers, practitioners, and contractors from around the world to discuss
the dynamic challenges to airfield and highway pavement performance and
emerging technologies to address these challenges. The theme of the conference
is “Innovative and Cost-Effective Pavements for a
Sustainable Future.” The conference is centered on state-of-the-art and
state-of-the-practice in the areas of innovative, durable, cost-effective and more
sustainable pavements. The conference also puts an emphasis on cutting-edge
knowledge transfer and technology implementation in the field.
Abstracts for papers (to be presented) and presentations
(without papers) will be accepted. The deadline for abstract submission is July 23, 2014.
Contact T&DI/ ASCE manager Andrea Baker
at 703-295-6124 for a
Papers may be submitted on the following topics:
- Techniques for Airfield and Highway Pavement
Construction, Maintenance and Rehabilitation
- Advanced Modeling and Analysis of Various Pavements
- Testing and Characterizations of Asphalt,
Concrete and Aggregate Materials
- Innovative Methods on Pavement Design, Analysis
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance
- Pavement Sustainability, Life Cycle Assessment and
- Pavement Monitoring, Evaluation and
Interlayer Materials and Other Geo-engineering Materials
- Instrumented Pavements and Accelerated Testing
- Case Histories of Prominent Airfield and Highway
Sponsorship and exhibit
opportunities are available at the 2015 T&DI Airfield and Highway Pavement Specialty
conference. Please contact Drew Caracciolo at 703-295-6087 for more
Back to top
Abstract Due July 23, 2014
Abstract Acceptance Decision August 1, 2014
Draft Paper/Presentation Submission September 15, 2014
Paper/Presentation Review Decision November 15, 2014
Final Paper Submission January 3, 2015
Final Paper Re-submission (If Requested) February 15, 2015
Final Decision February 28, 2015
Registration Opens January, 2015
Conference Local Organizing Committee
Eileen Velez-Vega, P.E., M. ASCE - Kimley-Horn and Associates
Heath Jenkins, P.E., M. ASCE - ASCE Pensacola Chapter President/Hatch Mott MacDonald
Rufus James - Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport
Tom O’Donnell, P.E. - Kimley-Horn and Associates
Conference Best Young Member Paper Selection Committee
Lucy Priddy, Ph.D., P.E., M. ASCE - US Army Engineer Research and Development Center
Ambarish Banerjee, Ph.D. - Agile Assets
Hui Li, Ph.D., P.E. - University of California, Davis
Hasan Ozer, Ph.D., M. ASCE - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Ray Brown, Ph.D., P.E. - National Center for Asphalt Technology, Auburn University
Celik Ozyildirim, Ph.D., P.E. - Virginia Department of Transportation
Back to top