SEI Member Opportunities and Benefits
- Network with more than 25,000 SEI members.
- Participate on ASCE and SEI Committees.
- Stay informed on public policy issues and influence Congress and federal agencies.
- Receive the member rate on all ASCE and SEI products including publications, continuing education, conferences, and more.
- Access the ASCE benefits including small firm general and professional liability insurance.
- Stay current on technical and professional news with complimentary subscriptions to SEI Update.
- Receive STRUCTURE magazine, Modern Steel Construction, and Civil Engineering.
- Become involved with SEI Local Activities.
Review all of ASCE Member benefits and consider joining today!
Membership Grades - How to Join
SEI Student Membership
Students interested in pursuing careers in structural engineering are encouraged to join SEI. SEI offers opportunities for students including the Student Structural Design Competition, the O.H. Ammann Research Fellowship, and SEI Graduate Student Chapters. Full-time students can launch their careers with SEI at no cost. Students must submit official proof of full-time student status from their educational institution.
SEI Individual Membership
Individuals are eligible to join SEI as one of the following two ways:
- SEI-Only Membership: $225/year
Members receive all SEI benefits and all ASCE benefits except for ASCE voting rights. Join now as an SEI-only Member!
- ASCE/SEI Membership: $225/year
Members receive all ASCE and SEI benefits when SEI is selected as the complimentary Institute with ASCE membership. (NOTE: There is an additional annual fee for membership in more than one ASCE Institute.) Join now as an ASCE/SEI Member or call 1-800-548-2723 (international dial 703-295-6000).
SEI Fellow Membership
The SEI Fellow grade of membership recognizes a select group of distinguished SEI members as leaders and mentors in the structural engineering profession.
- SEI Fellow Membership: No additional fees/year
Admission to the SEI Fellow grade must be attained by professional accomplishments and election by the SEI Fellow Review Committee (SFRC). Apply now to advance to SEI Fellow!