Each year, thousands of civil engineering professionals participate in ASCE's activities by volunteering their technical and professional expertise in support of the Society's vision and mission to advance the practice of civil engineering.
Applications are currently being accepted for the five (5) standing Society Committees and their constituent committees. Committee members will normally serve a term of three (3) years to begin and end at the conclusion of the Society's Annual meeting. Appointments are subject to annual review and may be adjusted based on the committee's current needs.
In order to be eligible, an applicant must be an ASCE member in good standing (current on Society dues) and have knowledge and experience appropriate to the purpose of the committee in which they are interested in serving. To check your membership status, or apply for membership, please contact ASCE Customer Service at 800/548-ASCE (2723).
There are five (5) Society Committees and twenty-two (22) constituent committees accepting applications. Members may apply for up to two (2) Society Committees and five (5) Constituent Committees. All applicants will be notified of their status once the appointments have been approved by the Board of Direction and the process is completed.
To be considered for service on one of the following Society Committees and/or constituent committees, please complete the committee application form no later than March 15, 2014.
If you have questions regarding the application process please contact Patty Jones, Director of Executive and Board Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Society and constituent committees for which applications are being accepted are:
COMMITTEE ON ADVANCING THE PROFESSION - Society Committee
- Committee on Diversity and Inclusion
- Committee on Ethical Practice
- Committee on Leadership and Management
- Committee on Licensure
- Committee on Sustainability
- History and Heritage Committee
- Raise the Bar Committee
COMMITTEE ON EDUCATION - Society Committee
- Committee on Accreditation
- Committee on Faculty Development
- Committee on Pre-College Outreach
COMMITTEE ON TECHNICAL ADVANCEMENT - Society Committee
- Codes and Standards Committee
- Committee on Critical Infrastructure
MEMBER COMMUNITIES COMMITTEE - Society Committee
- Committee on Student Members
- Committee on Younger Members
- Leader Training Committee
PUBLIC POLICY COMMITTEE - Society Committee
- Committee for America's Infrastructure
- Energy, Environment and Water Policy Committee
- Engineering Practice Policy Committee
- Infrastructure and Research Policy Committee
- Key Contact Committee
- State Government Relations Committee
- Transportation Policy Committee