Best Practice of the Month: The Georgia Section’s 100th Anniversary Celebration
Some of these ideas can be used for your Section or Branch milestone
anniversary – whether it’s 25 years or 150 years!
Read more about
planning anniversary celebrations. Discover other Best Practices in our Section and Branch Best Practices Guide.
The Georgia Section celebrated its centennial in 2012
The celebration included:
- electronic billboards located around Atlanta during Engineers Week in February
- publishing a book celebrating 100 years of civil engineering excellence in Georgia
- publishing articles highlighting different aspects of civil engineering in the Georgia Engineer magazine throughout the year
- A historic civil engineering walking tour through downtown Atlanta
- A special centennial logo, bookmarks and a display were created for the
occasion and showcased at the 2012 ASCE Annual Civil Engineering
Conference in Montreal.
The Georgia Section Annual Meeting & Centennial Gala was held at the Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center with ASCE’s 2012 Society President Andy Herrmann in attendance. Georgia Section Past Presidents were also honored.
You can order a copy of Georgia Section’s centennial book online.