Meet Eileen Velez-Vega, PE
Eileen M Vélez-Vega, PE is a registered Professional Engineer in Florida and Puerto Rico and is the co-chair of the ASCE T&DI Airfield Pavement Committee and young member of the TRB Flexible Pavement Design and Construction Committee and the Pavement Rehabilitation committee. She has also held national officer positions for the Society of Women Engineers and the Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors Organization of Puerto Rico.
Kimley-Horn and Associates
She is an aviation project manager and Associate for Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc in West Palm Beach, Florida and managing partner of Kimley-Horn Puerto Rico, LLC. Eileen manages the design and construction of airport pavement rehabilitation projects focusing on constructability and development at both air carrier and general aviation facilities to ensure the continued safe and effective operation of the airports during construction. She has experience in runway, taxiway, apron pavement rehabilitation and construction, LEED certified airport facilities, pavement management programs, and non-destructive pavement testing.
- A research civil engineer at the US Army Corps of Engineers, Engineer Research and Development Center in Vicksburg, Mississippi where she focused on pavement rehabilitation of concrete pavements and soil stabilization.
- She obtained her BS in civil engineering from the University of Puerto Rico at Mayagüez and her MS from Mississippi State University.
- An author of more than 16 technical papers and publications
- An advocate for sustainable airfield practices.
- Eileen is an active participant and fundraiser for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.