This award was established in 2009 to honor and recognize practicing engineers employed in the airfield pavement engineering profession with demonstrated leadership and/or achievement in airfield pavement projects.
- The name of the award is the Airfield Pavement Practitioner Award.
- This recognition is limited to members in any grade of membership of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) or the Transportation and Development Institute of ASCE (T&DI) who are judged to have attained significant professional achievement, by the degree to which the candidates have shown:
- service to the advancement of the airfield pavements engineering profession;
- evidence of technical competence, high character and integrity;
- leadership in the development of younger member attitudes towards the profession;
- other evidence of merit, which in the judgment of the award committee, shall have advanced the Committee’s objectives.
- III.The award shall be made when, in the judgment of the award selection committee, suitable candidate or candidates are available. There is no limit to the number of recipients named in any year and no recipient may receive the award more than once.
- IV.An individual, or group of individuals, may submit nominations, in writing, for this award utilizing the designated nomination form. Nominations may also originate in the award selection committee.
- The award consists of a plaque and a certificate suitably inscribed to describe the name of the recipient and the circumstances of the award. Presentation of the award will be made at an appropriate T&DI or ASCE function.
- VI.The recipient of the award is selected by the T&DI Board of Governors upon recommendation of the award selection committee and the T&DI Awards Committee.
Seven copies of each nomination should be forwarded to the ASCE Transportation and Development Institute headquarters by October 15.
Back To Awards & Contests