Sponsored by the Construction Institute of ASCE.
This Manual of Practice covers major issues related to the analysis and design of composite joints and frame connections manufactured from fiber-reinforced polymer (FRP) composites in general and pultruded (PFRP) composites in particular.
- design philosophy and design considerations for structural composite members and connections;
- basic information and research and development work on the mechanics of fasteners and bolted composite joints;
- analysis and design methods for bolted composite joints;
- basic physical and mechanical information on structural adhesives and bonded composite joints;
- analysis and design methods for bonded composite joints;
- structural performance combined (bolted/bonded) joints;
- basic information and research and development related to PFRP framing connections;
- analysis and design methods for PFRP framing connections; and
- numerical analysis review of available finite element codes suitable for modeling and designing composite frame structures.
MOP 102 addresses issues that are lacking in other national and international standards, design manuals, and technical publications. It will be valuable to structural engineers designing with FRP or PFRP composites.