Edited by Qiyuan Peng, Kelvin C. P. Wang, Yanjun Qiu, Yun Pu, Xia Luo, and Bin Shuai
/ 4470 pp.
Permissions for Reuse
Soft Cover —
$788.00 List / $591.00 ASCE Member
Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Transportation Engineering, held in Chengdu, China, July 25-27, 2009. Sponsored by China Communications and Transportation Association; the Transportation & Development Institute of ASCE; Mao Yisheng Science and Technology Education Fund.
This collection of 740 peer-reviewed papers covers all forms of transportation: rail, highway, waterway, and air. China has embarked on the construction of an expansive high-speed rail network that will not only revolutionize passenger transportation throughout China, but will influence global changes in rapid and long distance commuter and freight transportation. The papers in this volume analyze the new technologies in planning, design, construction, operation, and management that will make this high-speed transportation, and many other new forms of transportation, possible all over the world.
- transportation planning and system optimization;
- ITS theory and applications;
- traffic control and information technology;
- transportation and socioeconomic development;
- transportation security, environmental protection, and sustainable development;
- urban public transportation planning and management;
- high-speed railway planning, construction, and operation.
This book will be valuable to transportation engineers, managers, and anyone involved with planning and managing transit systems.