Society Director Official Nominee
Since attending my first ASCE meeting, I have been provided an opportunity for growth and continuous learning as both an engineer and individual. Over time and various ASCE positions, I humbly see myself as a leader. A leader of teams and change.
Over the past two years with the pandemic, change has been constant and all around us. During this timeframe we have witnessed transformational change within many facets of our daily life -- from how we engage with our Teams, purchase goods, and consume information. With change comes many challenges and without change obsolesce is inevitable. Change needs to be purposeful and not coming from a perspective of forcing change just for the sake of change and action.
Thus, purposeful change is my vision as Society Director. Thanks to our preceding ASCE leaders, ASCE has continued to be known as a global leader in civil engineering and related technologies. As a Society, we are well positioned to move our profession forward by engineering our tomorrow and reimaging infrastructure. My purposeful change would focus on growing our membership, enhancement of collaboration with our future leaders (students) and integrating sustainability into our practice and Region 1 operations.
I look forward to the opportunity to continue to serve ASCE members and learn from the experience of being a Society Director.
- MS, Civil Engineering-Geotechnical Engineering, Syracuse University, 2007
- BS, Natural Resource and Forest Engineering, SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry, 1998
Certification and licenses
- Professional Engineer: Indiana, Oklahoma, Texas, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, New York
- Project Officer, Ramboll Americas Engineering Solutions, Inc., 2022-present
- Senior Project Manager, Ramboll Americas Engineering Solutions Inc. (formerly O’Brien & Gere Engineers, Inc.), 1998-2022
- Region 1 Board of Governors
- Treasurer, 2017-2020
- Secretary, 2014-2017
- Governor, 2014-2020
- New York State Council Chair, 2021-present
- Syracuse Section
- Member, Golf Tournament, 2006-present
- Past President, 2011
- President, 2010-2012
- President-Elect, 2009-2012
- Director, 2007-2009
- Chair, Public Outreach, 2011-2013
- NYS Fair Booth
- Member, Public Outreach, 2008-2010
- Chair, Scholarship, 2009-2011; Member, 2007-2009
- Technology Alliance of Central New York (TACNY) Liaison, 2010-2016
Other volunteer activities
- SUNY Polytechnic Institute Civil Engineering Advisory Board, 2017-present
- Syracuse City Schools, CCAMP volunteer (mentor inner city students weekly), 2016-2017
- SUNY ESF, Environmental Resources Engineering Panel Discussion, 2013
- Syracuse University, CIE 341: Introduction to Environmental Engineering Research Panel Discussion, 2013
- Rescue Mission, lunch service, 2008-2010
- Syracuse Section Outstanding Civil Engineer, 2019
- Diamond Award, Special and Environmental Projects, 2018
- ASCE Outstanding Engineer Volunteer, Engineers Week, 2012
- Outstanding Section and Branch Award, 2011
- Kubiak.B, Calkins,C., McAuliffe, J., Eallonardo, T., Sustainable, Combined Remedies and Restoration of Onondaga Lake Shoreline, Battelle Sediments Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Calkins,C., McAuliffe, J., Eallonardo, T., Kubiak, B., 2018 Habitat Restoration Using Local Compost., Clear Waters, Fall 2018.
- Leary,C., Kubiak,B., Killoren, C., McAuliffe, J., Early Stakeholder Engagement and End-Use Visioning: Successful Remediation and Redevelopment at a Complex Superfund Site, Battelle Chlorinate Conference, Palm Springs, CA, 2016.