Technical Region Director Official Nominee
The following items are issues that make up my vision of what is important to the Society and how I can help advance them:
- Create a balanced ASCE Board with equal numbers of Directors serving from the Regions and Institutes. Instead of 10 Region Directors, two At-Large Directors, and three Technical Region Directors, I would submit that we would have a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable Board of Direction with five Region Directors, five Technical Region Directors and five At-Large Directors.
- Create nine Academies that mirror the nine Institutes as a means to achieve critical mass to require an advanced level of competence accepted and sought after by our Nation. Our first Canon has been to provide for the life, safety, and health of our Nation. We should have Board Certified practitioners that give our Nation that confidence going forward. Our Nation seeks and respects board certified physicians, attorneys, and even automobile mechanics, plumbers, and electricians. We need to take this next step in our evolution.
- Establish a means to provide for an accredited advanced degree through ASCE multi-disciplinary coursework. If we can provide for PDH/CEU credit, we can provide for an accredited advanced degree.
- Establish meaningful MOUs and MOAs with our sister science and engineering associations as well as with our parallel associations in the community planning, legal, healthcare, environmental, finance, and other professional business practices.
- I would like to see the above vision statements take precedence over the next phase of Future World Vision.
- M.E., Coastal and Oceanographic Engineering, University of Florida
- B.S., General Engineering, U.S. Military Academy at West Point
- Graduate Certificate, U.S. Army Command & General Staff College
- Taylor Engineering, Inc., President, 2011-present
- Coastal Tech Corp., COO, 2009-2011
- Halcrow, Inc, Vice President, 2007-2009
- Moffatt & Nichol, Vice President, 2005-2007
- TEI, Inc, Chief of Staff, 2001-2005
- Seminole County, Florida, Director of Public Works, Deputy County Manager, Executive Director Seminole County Expressway Authority, 1998-2001
- US Army, various assignments and commands, 1978-1998
- Board Member, ASCE Civil Engineering Corp, 2019-present
- Past President, ASCE Coasts, Oceans, Ports & Rivers Institute (COPRI), Board of Directors, 2015-2019
- Past President, Academy of Coasts, Oceans, Ports, & Navigation Engineers (ACOPNE), Board of Trustees, 2017-2021
- Chair, ASCE COPRI, Policy Committee, 2010-2014
- Member, ASCE Energy, Environment, and Water Policy Committee, 2010-2014
- Instructor, ASCE Leadership Development for the Engineer, 2014-present
- Instructor, ASCE Principled-Based Ethics: Character-Builder or Career-Ender, 2017-present
- ASCE Member, Florida Chapter, 1998-present
Other volunteer activities
- U.S. Commissioner, PIANC, (World Association for Waterborne Transport Infrastructure), 2015-present
- ASBPA, Past Director, 2011-2018
- AIWA, Past Director, 2014-2018
- Member, University of North Florida, Taylor Engineering Research Institute, Board of Directors, 2012-present
- Member, University of North Florida Dean’s Leadership Council
- USACE deFleury Medal Awardee
- Sturm Leadership Award, Seminole County, Florida
- US Army Meritorious Service Medal