Elected Region 9 Governor
I am humbled and excited to have an opportunity to serve as San Francisco’s Region 9 Governor. My vision is to enhance the member experience and propel Region 9 and the San Francisco Section into the next generation of the ‘ASCE Digital Experience.’ The past few years of the pandemic have fundamentally altered our approach to our profession. I aim to accomplish the following initiatives to directly enhance each ASCE member’s experience: new web-based ASCE member profile page to consolidate event participation, nomination forms, and volunteer experience; a “Super Charge Your Career” training program for students and Younger Members to help jumpstart their careers; and updated modern websites for all our branches and groups.
I’ve been an active ASCE member in the San Francisco Section for over 20 years, starting as a student at UC Berkeley in 1998. In those 20 years I’ve participated at all levels of ASCE (concrete canoe chair, YMF President, Branch Board, Technical Group Chair, Section President, and chair of the Society’s Leadership and Management Committee). I look forward to retaining and growing the ASCE membership; advancing and implementing the ASCE strategic plan, supporting the Infrastructure Report Card and championing improvements to our aging infrastructure.
- Doctorate of Engineering, Civil Engineering, UCBerkeley, 2009
- M.S. Civil Engineering, UCBerkeley, 2002
- B.S. Civil Engineering, UCBerkeley, 2000
- B.A. Anthropology, UC Santa Cruz, 2000
Certifications and licenses
- Civil Engineer: California, Louisiana, Hawaii, Washington
- Geotechnical Engineer: California
- Board Certified Diplomat, Forensic Engineering (NAFE)
- State of California Qualified Stormwater Practitioner/Designer (QSP/QSD)
- President & CEO, SafeR3 (non-profit), 2020-present
- President & CEO, Storesund Construction Inc., 2015-present
- President & CEO, Storesund Consulting, 2005-present
- Region 9 Governor, 2019-2022
- Chair, Member, Corresponding Member, Committee on Leadership and Management, 2004-2015
- Member, Geo-Institute and COPRI
- President-elect, President, Past-President, SF Section, 2010-2013
- YMF President, SF Section, 2003-2004
Other volunteer activities
- Oroville Dam Comprehensive Needs Assessment Community Peer Review Panel
- Dam Safety Culture Advisor, Senator Nielsen; Assemblyman Gallagher
- Executive Director, UCBerkeley Center for Catastrophic Risk Management
- Outstanding YMF Civil Engineer SF Section
- Outstanding YMF Civil Engineer in the Private Sector WRYMC
- Outstanding ASCE Younger Member Forum Officer, Region 9
- President’s Award, SF Section
- H.J. Brunnier Award, SF Section
- Edmund Friedman Young Engineer Award for Professional Achievement
- “Forensic Evaluation of Construction Noise and Vibrations Associated with an Urban Drainage Project.” https://doi.org/10.51501/jotnafe.v37i1.
- “FE Evaluation of Hillside Excavation For a Construction Contract Dispute" https://doi.org/10.51501/jotnafe.v36i1.121.
- “Forensic Engineering Evaluation of Excessive Differential Settlement on Compressible Clays” https://doi.org/10.51501/jotnafe.v37i1.76.