Elected Region 5 Director
My focus for the Region is renewed engagement with our members. Our Society is emerging into a changed world brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic, and we as Engineers must evaluate the needs of our members and the communities we serve.
With the passage of the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA), the Civil Engineering profession is in a welcomed spotlight. I see the coming years as a grand opportunity to educate and promote our work. If I am elected as Region 5 Director, my plan will be to encourage enhanced engagement, both internally and externally of ASCE. My goal is to start with our K-12 outreach at the Branch level. I will focus my attention on encouraging and supporting our members to identify ways to be a catalyst for STEM programs, to promote our profession and to become positive influencers in their communities.
My next goal is a renewed action to boost membership and bring back members who have left our Society for a variety of reasons. A critical step in this initative is the connection to our student organizations and members. If elected, I plan to work with our individual Sections to develop a plan to better connect with our student members -- highlighting the value of ASCE as both an integral piece of their current academic journey, as well as a lifelong career resource. I believe that a great way to illustrate this value is through the highlighting and sharing of individual members’ stories and testimonies on how membership of ASCE has benefited to their career growth.
I pledge to work with our Sections and Branches to develop strategies to reach members who have left our Society, with the focus being on challenging the notion of what is the mission of ASCE. Paramount to this is the development of a communication strategy that highlights the everyday value an ASCE membership provides: member-to-member mentorship, teaming opportunities, training, technical competence, government relations, community involvement in all forms and a sense of fellowship within the profession.
- BS Civil Engineering, University of Central Florida, 2004
Certification and licenses
- Professional Engineer, State of Florida
- Client Development Leader Florida, S&ME, Inc., 2021-present
- Regional Engineer, Rinker Materials, 2016-2021
- Senior Engineer, Chen Moore and Associates, Inc., 2014-2016
- Project Engineer, Horizon Engineering Group, Inc., 2007- 2014
- Project Engineer, Comprehensive Engineering Services, Inc., 2004-2007
- Chair, Public Practice and Policy Committee, 2022-present
- Member, Public Practice and Policy Committee, 2021-present
- Region 5 Governor, 2018-2021
- Advocacy Captain Florida, Current
- Florida Infrastructure Report Card Schools Section Author, 2012, 2016, 2021
- Florida Delegate for the ASCE Legislative Fly-In in Washington, DC, 2011-2022
- Florida Section
- District III Vice President, 2014-2016
- Treasurer, 2012-2014
- Secretary, 2012-2013
- East Central Branch President, 2011-2012
Other volunteer activities
- WTS Central Florida Chapter, Professional Development Chair, 2019-2022
- Member WTS Central Florida Chapter, 2016-present
- Member, CREW Orlando, 2016-present
- Member, American Society of Highway Engineers, 2016-present
- Varsity Knights, University of Central Florida
- University of Central Florida College of Engineering Design Showcase Judge, 2019
- Guest Columnist, The Orlando Sentinel, December 28, 2021
- Co-author, “Resilience in Storm Sewer Infrastructure” Florida Engineering Society Journal, “Natural Disaster Recovery and Resiliency”, October 2018