AEI Awards Call For Nominations
Who May Submit a Nomination?
An AEI member or committee member, AEI Technical or Administrative Committee Chairs, and authors who published in the Journal of Architectural Engineering.
List of Awards
- AEI Committee Chair Award
- This award is given annually to one of the Technical or Administrative Committee Chairs for outstanding service and contribution to AEI through effective and productive committee organization and leadership.
Any committee member can nominate a chair for an AEI Committee Chair Award.
- AEI Technical Activities Award
- This award is given to an AEI member or a member of any of the Technical Committees (could be non-AEI member) who has done an outstanding service and contribution to AEI through Technical Committees.
Nominations for this award are made by the Technical Committee Chairs.
- AEI Outstanding Administrative Service Award
- This award is given to an AEI member or a member of any of the Administrative Committees (could be non-AEI member) who has provided an outstanding service and contribution to AEI through committee activities.
Nomination for this award is through an Administrative Committee Chair.
- AEI Outstanding AE Educator Award
- This award is given to a faculty in the Architectural Engineering (AE) programs for outstanding teaching. Nominations for this award are made by the Academic Council Chair. To be eligible for this award, the nominee (could be non-AEI member) must have contributed significantly to an AE program through teaching and/or AE program development.
- Journal of Architectural Engineering Best Paper Award
- This award is given to the authors of an outstanding paper published in the
Journal of Architectural Engineering
during the previous year.
Selection of the outstanding paper is the responsibility of the JAE Editorial Team.
The Nomination Package Should Include the Following:
- A cover letter, signed by the nominator;
- A completed, signed
Official Award Nomination form;
- The nominee's CV or biographical information (
for awards honoring papers, include a copy of the nominated paper and not the author's CV or resume
- 2 to 3 letters of recommendation.
Submit the completed nomination package by either electronically at:
or send a hard copy to:Architectural Engineering Institute of
The American Society of Civil Engineers
1801 Alexander Bell Drive
Reston, VA 20191-4400
Attn: Catherine Tehan
The AEI Board of Governors will vote on the received nomination forms for each award category. The recipients of the AEI Awards will be recognized at the
AEI FORUM, April 1-3, 2020
in Cincinnati, OH.