The ASCE-NOAA Leadership Summit on Climate-Ready Infrastructure will be held at ASCE Headquarters in Reston, VA from Wednesday, February 1 - Thursday, February 2, 2023, presided by the 2023 ASCE President, Maria Lehman, and NOAA Administrator, Richard Spinrad.
This Summit is a major milestone in a working partnership between NOAA and ASCE, and reflects progress toward supporting civil engineers as they move forward with designing climate resilient and sustainable infrastructure based on the NOAA mission, vision, and objectives of providing reliable climate information and services. The Summit Planning Committee and a group of Advisors are working to develop a program based on addressing the urgent needs of assessing impacts of and adapting to climate change.
Attendance for this event is invitation-only. If you are interested, please contact Erika at [email protected] and we can add you to the virtual component and keep you in mind for similar events.
- Maria Lehman, P.E., ENV SP, F.ASCE, 2023 ASCE President, Director, US Infrastructure at GHD
- Richard Spinrad, Ph.D., Under Secretary of Commerce for Oceans and Atmosphere and NOAA Administrator
Bilal Ayyub, Ph.D., P.E., Dist.M.ASCE, Professor & Director of the Center for Technology and Systems Management, University of Maryland (UMD)
- Erica Dintaman, NOAA, Policy Advisor to the Deputy Under Secretary for Operations
- Benjamin DeAngelo, Deputy Director, Climate Program Office, Principal Representative to the U.S. Global Change Research Program, NOAA
- Dan Walker, Ph.D., A.M.ASCE, Associate Director for Multidisciplinary Studies, University of Maryland, and EA Engineering, Science, and Technology, Inc. (PBC)
- Deborah H. Lee, F.ASCE, 2020 EWRI President, Director, Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory, NOAA
- Edward P. Clark, Director, National Water Center, Deputy Director, Office of Water Prediction, NOAA
- Mark S. Osler, Senior Advisor for Coastal Inundation and Resilience, NOAA
- David R. Easterling, Ph.D., NOAA, Director, National Climate Assessment Technical Support Unit, National Centers for Environmental Information
- Victoria Moreno, Policy Advisor & Special Assistant to the Assistant Administrator, Oceanic and Atmospheric Research, NOAA
- Brian Parsons, ENV SP, Managing Director, EWRI, and Chief Sustainability Officer, ASCE
- Erika Haldi, Conference & Member Community Manager, ASCE
- Gerry Galloway, Dist.M.ASCE, NAE, Glenn L. Martin Institute Professor of Engineering, University of Maryland
- Thomas O'Rourke, Dist.M.ASCE, NAE, Thomas R. Briggs Professor in Engineering Emeritus, Cornell University
- Paul Boulos, NAE, Chairman & CEO, Aquanuity, Inc.
- Ko Barrett, Senior Advisor for Climate, NOAA
- Alice Hill, David M. Rubenstein Senior Fellow, Energy and the Environment at the Council on Foreign Relations
- Kimberly Jones, Ph.D., Associate Provost for Faculty Affairs, and Professor, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Howard University
- Ed Kerns, Ph.D., Chief Data Officer, First Street Foundation
- Norma Jean Mattei, Ph.D., P.E., F.SEI, F.ASCE, National Infrastructure Advisory Council, 2017 ASCE President, University of New Orleans