Virtual Leadership: Leading From Behind The Screen
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Committee on Younger Members (CYM) made the decision to cancel the July/August 2020 in-person YMLS and to provide only virtual programming for Fiscal Year 2020-2021.
The Younger Member Leadership Symposium (YMLS) is hosted by the ASCE Committee on Younger Members covering three-days of experiential leadership training focused on early-career professional skills development to help ASCE Younger Members succeed and lead in the workplace.
CYM is excited to offer a virtual version of YMLS this year: YMLS Lite. YMLS Lite will include networking and social opportunities and a one day training on Virtual Leadership. Sessions may include those presented at YMLS previously in addition to newly developed content. YMLS Lite is open to all Younger Members.
Younger Members Will:
- Isolate key leadership traits
- Increase their emotional intelligence
- Share best practices and lessons learned
- Practice self-reflection
- Explore different types of communication styles
- Network with other ASCE Younger Members from around the globe
- Be mentored by ASCE Leadership
- Discuss ways to implement what they have learned locally
- Friday, August 20, 4:30-6:00pm PST: Networking and Social, Introductory Workshop
- Saturday, August 21, 9:00am-2:00pm PST*: Leadership Workshops
*A lunch break will be included with funds provided to purchase lunch delivery
Younger Member Leadership Symposia
By Younger Members, for Younger Members
These YMLS events made possible by your contributions to the ASCE Foundation on Giving Tuesday, which included a generous matching gift from 1852 Society and Founder Club member, Robert P. Wadell, P.E., MSCE, F.ASCE.
The Younger Member Leadership Symposium (YMLS) is a three-day experiential leadership workshop open to all ASCE Younger Members, aged 35 and under. The YMLS is hosted by the ASCE Committee on Younger Members and focuses on early-career professional skills development to help ASCE Younger Members succeed and lead in the workplace. Tours and special events during the weekend offer additional networking with peers from around the country.