Date: Tuesday, February 28, 2023
A municipality’s first use of high density polyethylene (HDPE) is often through a trenchless installation method. HDPE is a viscoelastic material that allows for a generous allowable bending radius, ruggedness and durability which are valuable characteristics during trenchless installations.
In this webinar you will learn:
- An overview of HDD technology, what type of equipment and materials are involved and examples of successful and failed installations, as well as the most common reasons for failure.
- Calculations for HDD pipe installation such as net external loads, the average radius of curvature for bore entrance and exit lengths, axial stress along the bore path, allowable tensile load and maximum pull force during HDD.
- A realistic construction equipment footprint will be presented for designers to understand equipment constraints that will aid in preparing constructible designs.
Peter Dyke, Executive Director, Alliance for PE Pipe
- Alan Ambler, AM Trenchless
- Rusty Reeves, Core & Main
- Richard Kolasa, WL Plastics