- Geotechnical explorations that include considerations for geotechnical explorations, desk study, surveying, field explorations, laboratory testing, and reporting
- Interpretation of geotechnical exploration data
- Seismic hazards, including hazard studies, site-response analyses, liquefaction evaluations, and seismic slope stability
- Geotechnical design criteria, including codes/guidelines/standards and the criteria typically used for geotechnical design of port facilities, including for extreme loading conditions
- Geotechnical design of pile supported structures, bulkheads, land reclamation, breakwaters, dolphins, ships channels, and embankment slopes
- Summary of ground improvement methods
- Construction considerations
- Other topics that include advanced analyses, stages construction, evaluations for existing facilities, etc.
This course outline is subject to change.