Dates and registration coming soon — Let me know when registration opens
2.4 CEUs / 24 PDHs
Member $1545 | Non-member $1895
Purpose & background
The main intent of this course is to familiarize practitioners with the codes and standards that apply to alternative load handling equipment, specialized transport equipment, and rigging safety and how to incorporate this information into the preparation of safe and practical lift and/or transportation plans. Familiarity with alternative load handling equipment or specialized transport equipment is not required. Participants in this course should have an understanding of rigging hardware. All concepts can be easily followed by any professional of the A/E industry.
- Become familiar to the standards, regulations, and best practices for planning operations with load handling equipment and/or specialized transportation equipment.
- Understand rigging and rigging hardware, their capacities, and their limitations.
- Calculate actual loads applied to rigging, load handling equipment, and specialized transportation equipment.
- Understand ground bearing pressures and load spreading techniques.
- Understand how to prepare a lift plan for load handling equipment or a transportation plan for specialized transport equipment.
- Analyze alternative load handling equipment capacity charts, such as hydraulic gantry systems, jacking systems, and skidding systems, and be able to extract needed information to prepare a lift plan.
- Analyze specialized transport equipment capacity charts and be able to extract needed information to prepare a transportation plan.
- Prepare a detailed, safe, and practical rigging plan by understanding the uses and limitations of the major types of rigging and rigging hardware, calculating the actual loads applied to the rigging, and identifying the proper rigging and rigging hardware to be used for lifting different loads.
- Analyze load handling equipment configurations and special transport equipment configurations to compute ground bearing pressures.
- Develop load spreading methods to distribute ground bearing pressures to acceptable values.
- Develop loading plans and securement methods for barge, ship, or rail transport.
- Prepare a complete, safe, and practical lift plan incorporating load handling equipment capacities, rigging plan, site conditions, and ground bearing requirements.
- Prepare a complete, safe, and practical transportation plan incorporating specialized transport equipment capacities, travel path conditions, and ground bearing requirements.
Who should attend?
- Consultant engineers
- A/E contractors
- Safety officials
- Lift directors
- Lift planners
- Lift inspectors
- Entry level experience is adequate