Sponsored by COPRI and the COPRI Ports and Harbors Committee Certificate in Port Engineering Task Committee
Dates and registration coming soon — Let me know when registration opens
2.4 CEUs / 24 PDHs
Member $1545 | Non-member $1895
Purpose & background
This course will provide students with a detailed design and management process to operate and perform maintenance on port facilities. Course content includes inspection and repair produces for both in-water, topside and backlands facilities, and key port infrastructure. The operations and maintenance procedures will be introduced for roads, terminals, wharves, channels, buildings, cranes, pipelines, pump stations, utilities, and relaxed facilities.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain complex port operations and maintenance procedures.
- Explain the resources and tools specific to port operations and maintenance.
- Identify and describe ASCE guidelines and standards for inspection reports.
- Identify damaged and deteriorated port infrastructure.
- Utilize new and old records to plan ahead for routine inspection and rehabilitation activities.
- List procedures for documentation for design and repair.
- Adopt and apply standard maintenance procedures.
- Prepare proficient design documents (specifications, bids).
- Assist owners in evaluating bids and managing construction.
- Utilize budgeting and management tools consistently.
Who should attend?
- Professionals working or desiring to work for a port
- Port authority engineers
- Port operations and maintenance staff
- Construction engineers
- Practicing consulting engineers