If you are not currently logged into ASCE, you will be asked to login or create an ASCE account.
Save over 20% when you purchase this course through the Construction Engineering Certificate Program
1.0 CEU / 10 PDHs
Member $645 | Non-member $795
Purpose & background
This course teaches the fundamentals of construction cost estimating, including the development of a work breakdown structure. Technical focus is on QTO for typical structural systems, including earthwork, reinforced concrete, and brick/block.
Course benefits & learning outcomes
- Learn basic principles of construction cost estimating for lump sum projects
- Develop a work breakdown structure for a lump sum bid
- Learn how to apply to structural quantity take-off (QTO)
- Learn to take-off quantities for concrete, steel, masonry, etc.
- Organize the QTO in a format that permits pricing and development of a bill of materials
Who should attend?
- Construction project owners
- Design consultants
- Construction contractors
- Non-engineering construction professionals