Guided Online Course
If you are not currently logged into ASCE, you will be asked to login or create an ASCE account.
Note: For 6 week accelerated courses, content will be released at a pace of 2 sessions per week. For 12 week courses, the pace will be 1 session per week.
- Climatology of wind storms
- The language of wind engineering
- Wind engineering basics
- Wind hazard maps - how to read and interpret them
- Determining a site-specific wind speed
- ASCE 7 wind design provisions
- Wind tunnel testing
- Using data from multiple sources to solve a wind design problem
- Solving a wind pressure problem for the structural frame
- Solving a wind pressure problem for components and cladding
- Tornado design using ASCE 7
- Performance-based wind design and course review
This course outline is subject to change.