Upcoming EMI Elections to the Board of Governors
EMI Elections for 2 open positions on the Board of Governors opens on July 18, at 10:00 AM (CST), and ends on August 19, at 5:00 PM (CST)
Members of EMI who are eligible to vote (EMI members who are not students and who are current with their membership dues by the date of record - July 11) will receive their email ballot from
firstname.lastname@example.org (please allow all e-mails from this address, and make sure your e-mail address of record is current) with log-in credentials, on or about July 18, 2016. The election will be conducted primarily on-line, but provisions have been made for members for whom no e-mail address is available or to whom e-mail messages could not be delivered.
These 2 positions are for a three-year term, starting October 1, 2016.
EMI is led by its Board of Governors which is a very important entity since it has the following responsibilities:
- Oversees and directs the affairs, activities and concerns of the Institute.
- Establishes and modifies policies and procedures.
- Creates and dissolves organizational elements, councils, and committees.
- Appoints and discharges representatives and special delegates; appoints committee chairs, members of the Editorial Board of the EMI journals, and members of the EMI Awards Committee and of the EMI Nominating Committee.
- Takes actions consistent with the
for the purpose of accomplishing the vision and mission of the Institute (article 7.0).
- Approves the budget of the Institute.
- Approves the publication of EMI books and committee reports.
- Ratifies the awards selection process.
It is important for EMI members to vote in the election for the Board of Governors, as it is their opportunity to select the leadership of the Institute, and thus to influence its future direction.
The slate of candidates established by the EMI Nominating Committee (article 8.1) is the following:
ELECTED EMI GOVERNOR POSITION 1:
Somnath Ghosh, Ph.D., F.EMI, M.ASCE
(The Johns Hopkins University)
Ertugrul Taciroglu, Ph.D., F.EMI, M.ASCE
(University of California Los Angeles)
Candidate Statement and Bio
ELECTED EMI GOVERNOR POSITION 2:
Antoinette Tordesillas, Ph.D., Aff.M.ASCE
(University of Melbourne, Australia)