EMI Fluid Dynamics Student Paper Competition
Wednesday, January 9, 2019
EMI Fluid Dynamics Technical Committee (FDTC)
- To increase the involvement of younger professionals in the EMI conferences, particularly in the area of fluid dynamics.
- To allow them to be trained by experienced FDTC members to further grow as engineers,develop stronger bonds with FDTC, and be ready to take on future responsibilities within the technical community.
- To improve their technical writing skill, as well as to promote high quality submissions to the flagship journal of EMI, the Journal of Engineering Mechanics.
- Be the lead author to submit an abstract to the FDTC sponsored mini-symposia through the EMI abstract submission website, by January 30, 2019.
- Submit a CV and a cover letter indicating the interest in the competition, to Prof. Ning Zhang at
by January 30, 2019.
- Submit the full- length paper following the format of Journal of Engineering Mechanics, to Prof.Ning Zhang at
by March 30, 2019.The student must write the paper as the leading author and should conduct the majority of the work associated with the manuscript. A verification letter from the faculty advisor is required at the submission of the full-length paper.
- Register and present the paper in the
EMI Conference 2019.
- Up to three winners will be selected and named as the FDTC Student Scholars of the year.
- Each Scholar will be awarded $300.
- Each winner will be required to present the paper at the 2019 EMI annual conference to claim the award.
- Student Scholars will be invited to the FDTC meeting at the conference, where each Scholar will be assigned a committee member as his/her mentor.
- The steering committee of the FDTC Student Competition will review the manuscripts.
- Mentors will share their professional experience with the appointed student.
- The mentor will also work with the student to review and provide feedback and comments on the awarded paper, in order to enhance the quality of the manuscript to meet the requirements of Journal of Engineering Mechanics.
Submission of the awarded paper to Journal of Engineering Mechanics is highly encouraged, but does not imply acceptance for publication.
Awards will be presented to the competition winners during the award ceremony at the
EMI Conference 2019.