EMI Modeling Inelasticity & Multiscale Behavior Student Competition
Wednesday, January 9, 2019
Sponsored by: EMI Modeling Inelasticity & Multiscale Behavior (MIMB) Committee
The EMI Modeling Inelasticity & Multiscale Behavior Committee
is pleased to announce the Fourth Annual Student Paper Competition. The competition is open to any student author of an
contribution, applying modeling and simulation approaches to inelastic behavior of engineering materials. Students whose abstracts in this thematic area have been accepted by the conference are eligible to compete.
- Submit an abstract to be considered for oral presentation in the conference (in any of the conference Mini-Symposia). Abstracts should be submitted by the Conference deadline.
- Express interest in participating in the competition and forward the abstract acceptance notification by emailing
Professor Chung Song at
March 1, 2019.
- Submit a paper (maximum page limit is 4) for the Competition by
April 1, 2019. Dr. Song will send the student participants a template for the papers.
- March 1, 2019 - Forward abstract acceptance and expression of interest to participate in the competition via
- April 1, 2019 - Submit paper for the competition
The top five papers will be selected for presentation in a special session of the conference in front of a panel of judges, after which up to three winners will be selected for receipt of a cash prize and a certificate.
Note that this will be an additional presentation to the oral presentation the students will give as part of the regular EMI Conference (in the Mini-Symposium they submitted their abstracts to).
After their initial expression of interest, Dr. Song will contact the students for further instructions. Please forward all questions related to this Competition to Dr. Song at