Poromechanics Student Poster Competition
Sponsored by the:
EMI Poromechanics Committee
Chair: Prof. Chloé Arson
- Encourage student involvement in Poromechanics.
- Expose students to Poromechanics research from different groups.
- Facilitate student interactions and encourage the development of strong networking skills.
- Improve the students' presentation skills, as well as promote high‐quality submissions to the flagship journal of EMI, the Journal of Engineering Mechanics.
Requirements and Deadlines:
- Be the lead author of an accepted abstract and register for EMI 2020.
- Be a full time student at the time of abstract submission.
- Participate only in the Poromechanics student competition. Participation to multiple competitions will automatically disqualify a participant.
- Submit the following documents to the Poromechanics chair, Prof. Chloé Arson at:
- a.One research slide (PDF file) providing an introductory description of the research area of the participant, associated with Part I of the competition - by
May 10, 2020
- b.Poster (standard size: 4 ft high, 3 ft wide) - printed and brought to the conference, for Part II of the competition.
- One winner and two runner‐ups will be selected and named as the Poromechanics student poster competition winners.
- A cash prize and certificate will be awarded.
- All three finalists will receive a complementary banquet ticket.
A panel of up to three judges will be selected from the Poromechanics membership. Judges will go over all the posters with a 5-minute Q&A session at each poster.
- One winner and two runner‐ups will be selected by the judges based on the quality of the poster and the related oral presentation.
- Awards will be presented to the winners at the conference banquet.
- Participants may not enter more than one EMI 2020 student paper/poster competition.