Call for Nominations for the EMI Board of Governors
Nominate a candidate for the EMI Board of Governors by April 15
EMI is initiating the election process for two (2) open positions for the EMI Board of Governors. These positions are for a three-year term, starting October 1, 2020.
Duties of the Board of Governors:
- Oversees and directs the affairs, activities and concerns of the Institute
- Establishes and modifies policies and procedures
- Creates and dissolves organizational elements, councils, and committees
- Appoints and discharges representatives and special delegates; appoints committee chairs, members of the Editorial Board of the EMI journals, and members of the EMI Awards Committee
- Takes actions consistent with the EMI Bylaws for the purpose of accomplishing the vision and mission of the Institute (article 7.0)
- Approves the budget of the Institute
- Approves the publication of EMI books and committee reports
- Ratifies the awards selection process
While serving on the EMI Board of Governors, members will not be eligible to be considered for an award administered by EMI and will refrain from writing letters of nomination or letters of support for candidates for such awards.
In accordance with the provisions of the
the nomination process will be as follows:
Candidates must be members in good standing of the Institute and also members in good standing of the Society. Student Members of the Institute are not eligible to serve on the Board of Governors (Article 7.2).
- A letter of nomination
- A vita or resume (no page limitation)
- A letter from the nominee stating he/she is willing to serve if elected (Article 8.3)
The nomination package is due by
Dr. Amar Chaker,