MIMB Student Paper Competition - Submission Extension
Sponsored by: EMI Modeling Inelasticity & Multiscale Behavior (MIMB) Committee
Chair: Prof. Yong-Rak Kim
The EMI Modeling Inelasticity & Multiscale Behavior (MIMB) Committee is pleased to announce the 5th Annual Student Paper Competition. The purposes of this competition are as follows:
- Increase student involvement in the EMI conference, particularly in the area of modeling of inelasticity and multiscale behavior of materials and structures.
- Expose students to relevant research from different groups.
- Facilitate student interactions with faculty and other students to build up strong networking and be ready to take on future responsibilities within the technical community.
- Improve student's technical writing and presentation skills, as well as promote high‐quality submissions to the flagship journal of the EMI: Journal of Engineering Mechanics.
- Be a full time student at the time of abstract submission and the main contributor to the research.
- Submit an abstract as the leading author in the thematic area of MIMB to the EMI abstract submission website by the conference deadline (January 31, 2020). Submission to the MIMB sponsored minisymposium is strongly encouraged but not required.
- Participate only in the MIMB student paper competition. Participation in multiple competitions will automatically disqualify you from this competition.
- Express interest in participating in the paper competition by emailing Prof. Yong-Rak Kim at email@example.com by March 01, 2020. He will reply and provide the paper template.
- Submit a (up to) 4-page paper (in PDF file) to Prof. Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org by
April 30, 2020. Forward your abstract acceptance notification to Prof. Kim at this time.
- Register for the conference, and if selected for the MIMB student paper competition, present the paper at the student competition session during the conference.
- January 31, 2020 - Abstract submission.
- March 01, 2020 - Express interest to participate in the MIMB student paper competition.
- April 30, 2020 - Full‐length (up to four pages) paper and abstract acceptance notification.
- May 15, 2020 - Notification of final competition (5 papers).
- The decision on final competition will be informed by May 15, 2020. The top five papers will be selected for a ten-minute presentation in a special session at the 2020 EMI Conference. Note that this will be a separate presentation in addition to the presentation scheduled in the regular EMI Conference program.
- The papers and presentations will be judged by a MIMB panel formed.
- Winners will be selected based on both the quality of the paper and the oral presentation.
- Winners will be selected for receipt of a cash prize and a certificate.