EMI Poromechanics Committee
Purpose: to promote fundamental and applied research in the mechanics of porous materials using observational, analytical, and computational techniques.
The mission of the Poromechanics committee is to:
I. Promote fundamental and applied research in the mechanics of porous materials using experimental, analytical, and computational techniques and including materials from naturally made (rock, soil, bone, etc.) to man-made (concrete, ceramics, foams, etc.);
II. Provide a supportive and inclusive network for the researchers and engineers in the field of poromechanics at any stage in their career and with diverse backgrounds;
III. Disseminate latest research in poromechanics and its essential ideas in the form of workshops, conferences, symposia and dedicated student poster session at the EMI.
Poromechanics Scholarly Products
Access a list of publications authored by the EMI poromechanics committee by clicking
The list is interactive. Visitors can read abstracts in one click, and download the manuscripts if they have proper subscriptions. Citations of the publications are downloadable in various formats, including bibtex and cvs.
Poromechanics Education Resources
Access poromechanics educational resources authored by the EMI poromechanics committee by clicking
Biot-Bažant Conference, June 1-3, 2021, Northwestern University
A one-time event that will merge the Biot poromechanics conference of 2021 and the Concreep11+ conference of 2020 (which had to be postponed). A hybrid conference that will mix online and in-person attendance, with video proceedings.
Postdoc Position at the University of Utah
Integrated MultiPhysics Laboratory
is seeking a qualified candidate with strong mechanics and programming background using C/C++ to join asap. The project is sponsored by Sandia National Laboratories and the candidate is expected to develop and implement a new visco-elasto-plastic constitutive law in Goma. Please email your CV furnished with a cover letter, two selected publications, and two recommendation letters directly sent to Dr. Newell at
PhD Position at the University of Utah
Integrated MultiPhysics Laboratory
is seeking a qualified candidate with strong mechanics background as well as programming using Python and/or C++ to join the PhD program in Spring 2021. Please email your CV furnished with a cover letter, an unofficial transcript, two recommendation letters directly sent to Dr. Newell at
- Chloe Arson, Ph.D., M.ASCE,Chair
- Mohammad Javad Abdolhosseini Qomi, Ph.D.
- Sara Abedi, Ph.D., EIT, A.M.ASCE
- Younane Abousleiman, Ph.D., F.EMI, A.M.ASCE
- Jose E. Andrade, Ph.D., M.ASCE
- Beatrice Baudet, Ph.D.
- Zdenek P. Bazant, Ph.D., S.E., NAE, NAS, F.EMI, Dist.M.ASCE
- Giuseppe Buscarnera, Ph.D., M.ASCE,
- Shengli Chen, Ph.D.
- Alexander H. D Cheng, F.EMI, M.ASCE
- Jinhyun Choo, Ph.D., A.M.ASCE
- Patrick Dangla, Ph.D.
- D. Nicolas Espinoza, Ph.D.
- Siavash Ghabezloo, Ph.D.
- Albert Giraud, Ph.D.
- David Grégoire, Ph.D.
- Boris Gurevich, Ph.D.
- Yanhui Han, Ph.D., P.E.
- Christian Hellmich, Ph.D., F.EMI, M.ASCE
- Manman Hu, Ph.D., A.M.ASCE
- Jacques Marie Huyghe, Ph.D.
- Victor Nicholas Kaliakin, Ph.D., M.ASCE
- Mazen Y. Kanj, Ph.D.
- Dinesh R. Katti, Ph.D., F.EMI, M.ASCE
- Severine Levasseur, Ph.D.
- Hoe I. Peter Ling, Ph.D., M.ASCE
- Chao Liu, Ph.D.
- Majid Taghizadeh Manzari, Ph.D., M.ASCE
- Amin Mehrabian, Ph.D.
- Marta Miletic, Ph.D.
- Kanthasamy Kadirgamer Muraleetharan, P.E., F.ASCE
- Pania Newell, Ph.D., Aff.M.ASCE,Vice Chairman
- Martin Ostoja-Starzewski, Ph.D.
- Jean-Michel Pereira, Ph.D.
- Richard Regueiro, Ph.D.
- John W. Rudnicki, Ph.D., F.EMI
- Pratap N. Sahay, Ph.D.
- Antony Patrick S Selvadurai, Ph.D., P.E., M.ASCE
- Maryam Shakiba, Ph.D.
- Serge A. Shapiro, Ph.D.
- Xiaoyu Song, Ph.D., A.M.ASCE
- Nina Stark, Ph.D., Aff.M.ASCE
- Steve Waiching Sun, Ph.D., M.ASCE
- Franz-Josef Ulm, Ph.D., P.E., F.EMI
- Matthieu Vandamme, Ph.D.
- Manolis Veveakis, Ph.D., Aff.M.ASCE
- Changfu Wei, Ph.D.
- Shunde Yin, Ph.D., A.M.ASCE
- Chao Zhang, Ph.D.
- Robert Wayne Zimmerman, Ph.D., A.M.ASCE