ASCE delivers value and savings to government organizations: your one-stop resource to ASCE information, services and products designed with the government organization in mind.
Government Partner Program options
Partner options are available to serve government organizations of any type or size and provide employees with all the benefits of ASCE membership, training, and continuing education at a reduced cost.
Partner Program for AASHTO DOT organizations
An exclusive option for U.S. Departments of Transportation is available through an agreement with The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO). As an AASHTO DOT Partner your DOT has access to the industry’s leading continuing education materials, workforce recruitment assistance, and custom reports and tracking of the usage and value of your partner services.
With a minimum of 4 employee participants (one of which must be the AASHTO member representative) you will receive immediate access to reduced rates for Society memberships, ASCE full conference registration, and select continuing education products.
Once your membership roster reaches 35 members or more, your DOT will receive access to the full suite of Partner benefits.
Connect with a member of our team
Ready to enroll as an AASHTO/DOT Partner, or need more information about our Resources for Government Engineers? Contact us
Partner options for non-DOT organizations
All government organizations are eligible and encouraged to participate in either our Associate Partner option for organizations with 4-49 members or our Partner option for organizations with 50 or more members.
Public Agency Peer Review program
An ASCE peer review provides critical feedback from your peers on the effectiveness of your organization’s structure, policies, procedures, and management practices.
- Reviewers are licensed engineers with management and leadership experience in public agencies.
- They volunteer their time and are dedicated to helping their colleagues in other agencies.
- The review is customized to address the specific concerns of your organization or its subdivision, regardless of your size or mission.
Resources for government engineers
ASCE values government engineers’ direct service and connection to the public and provides resources and opportunities to help them grow and serve more effectively. Some of those are:
- ASCE’s Government Engineers Council (GEC) – The GEC was created to raise awareness of the needs of government engineers. It consists of 12 members in leadership positions of local, state, regional, and federal public agencies. They advise and assist ASCE to engage public agency civil engineers in ASCE initiatives and equip them to meet current and future challenges. Contact us for details
- Resume database and job postings – Access to professionals in civil engineering and construction industries.
- Diversity resources – ASCE offers free resources to help leadership develop a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment within an organization.
- ASCE's annual civil engineer salary survey – Searchable data, a salary calculator tool, and customizable reports are available.
- Guided Online Courses and Certificate Programs – Courses are self-paced and run several times a year, covering topics such as construction engineering, GIS systems, earthquake engineering, sustainability, low impact development and more.
- 2021 Report Card for America’s Infrastructure – This important tool for planning, leading, and advocating for innovation and improvement of America’s infrastructure includes both a national assessment as well as by state.
- Recognition awards – ASCE’s Government Civil Engineer of the Year and Young Government Civil Engineer of the Year awards recognize civil engineers who distinguish themselves in their contributions through public service.