Futures Fund Ten For Ten Spring Campaign
Wednesday, March 11, 2020
The December 2019
was written by Ed DePaola. He wrote about all the ways an individual could give back to the profession including being active in professional societies like ASCE/SEI, volunteering on committees and serving in leadership roles. One of those leadership roles he stepped into was Chair of the SEI Futures Fund.
in partnership with the ASCE Foundation, works to advance structural engineering with their four initiatives: invest in the future of the structural engineering profession, promote student interest in structural engineering, support younger-member involvement in SEI and provide opportunities for professional development.
For 2020, the Futures Fund Board has committed more than $120,000 in funding for these strategic SEI programs:
- Increased support for forty Student Scholarships
- Continued support for twenty-five scholarships for Young Professionals to participate at Structures Congress
- Continued support for Young Professional Engagement on SEI Standards Committees
- Continued support for SEI Standards Lecture series for SEI Chapters
- Support to develop structural fire engineering curriculum
For the next ten weeks SEI invites you to donate to the Futures Fund. As Ed mentioned in his editorial when most individuals think of "fund" they think of big donors. SEI has 30,000 individual members and if each one of us gave just $10 we would have more $300,000 to invest in the future of our profession.